Match Reports‎ > ‎

Seniors collect another two points on the road (15/05/15)

posted 17 May 2015, 14:52 by ballymacnab armagh   [ updated 17 May 2015, 15:08 ]



Ballymacnab travelled to Annaghmore last Friday and in a tough and intriguing encounter our lads deservedly collected the two league points. 

The home side got the first score of the game with a converted free within the first minute. However, Ballymacnab were soon off the mark when Kieran Hughes reacted quickest to Gavin McParland’s shot, that had came off the upright, to fire the ball to the net. Brendan Toner converted a 45 meter kick shortly afterwards before the opposition got their second score on the 9th minute. Ballymacnab continued their dominance on the scoreboard through points through Gavin McParland, Pauric Gribben and Brian McCone. Annaghmore rallied in the second part of the half and 6 unanswered points gave them a one point lead at the interval. 

An early point in the second half for Gavin McParland was cancelled out by one for Annaghmore. Gary McKee levelled matters on the 37th minute and Brian McCone restored the lead with a point two minutes later. Things were level once more 4 minutes later with a point for Annaghmore. However, this was short lived when Ruairí Gribben’s inspirational solo run into attack set up Brian McCone for another point. Finnén Maguire got on the score sheet with a well taken long range point on the 47th minute and a minute later came a second goal when a Gavin McParland shot struck the crossbar only for Brian McCone to collect the rebound and convert the three pointer. With Ballymacnab now in control Gavin McParland struck a sweet point from the outside of his boot and finished with a third 'Nab goal on the 56th minute. Annaghmore did finish with a flurry with a brace of points from their midfielder and a goal from a rebounded penalty save from 'keeper Conor McGivern. 

A good win combined with a good performance particularly in the second half with Chris Loughran, Ruairí Gribben and James Gray in top form in defence. Gary McKee put in a great effort over the hour while upfront Brian McCone and Gavin McParland were most dangerous. 

Team: Conor McGivern, Chris Loughran, Dominic McParland, Ruairí Gribben, James Gray, Damien McGeown, Fearghal Nugent, Gary McKee  (0-1), Brendan Toner (0-1), Finnén Maguire  (0-1), Brian McCone (Capt 1-3), Pauric Gribben (0-1), Kieran Hughes (1-0), Joe Gribben, Gavin McParland (1-3). Subs: Brian McClelland for F.Maguire, Tony McKee for G.McParland.